LLANDYBIE CHURCH - BEFORE AND AFTER
(Please wait a few moments for the photographs to load in)
CHURCH IN 1900
CHURCH IN THE 1980S - THE CLOCK WAS ADDED IN 1920
| Athough there
was a church in Llandybie in the 5th century AD, the present church
is medieval in origin, the nave and chancel being evidently the historic
core of the church, perhaps C13-C14. A ceiling appears to have been
added about 1700 to the underside of the the medieval timbers and
a major resoration was undertaken in the mid-nineteenth century, under
the leadership, and largely at the expense of Caroline Debuisson of
Glynhir, and mainly during the incumbency of the Rev Lewis Morgan.
There is a fuller history of Llandybie Church in 'Churches & Chapels'
on this web site.
page last updated:
October 1, 2010